Thursday, December 4, 2008

WAHM Lovefest

I wanted to write a blog about the WAHM(work-at-home-moms) that I have worked with lately. I have been doing a LOT of trading. I love it! I have been able to get things that I wouldn't have been able to afford otherwise. I have done a lot of Christmas shopping that way.

Jenny's Simply Clean: This WAHM and her husband make environmentally friendly laundry detergent. She is SO nice and great to work with! I think they have 50 different scents you can use. They even have a scent sampler so you don't have to decide on just one. I love it. My kids have eczema and since I switched to this, it's totally gone.
These come from a new WAHM on diaperswappers under c2afwife. I don't know how she does it, but she flattens glass bottles. They can be used as a spoon rest, cheese board, or anything else you can think of. I traded for 2 of them. I'm going to use them as Christmas gifts with some brie cheese and crackers.

These come from Chunkibunz diapers on diaperswappers. This WAHM has been making diapers for a LONG time. I love these, they are so soft and they are one size, so no need to have to keep buying diapers.
She also made a cloth book of the classic Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer cartoon. That is what started the trade. I HAD to have it!!
Barebottoms Boutique This WAHM is a licensed Ditto Daddy trainer seamstress. These look professionally made. I love them! Her packaging is so impressive. She even sent me a pic of her son in the fleece pants I made so that I can use him as a happy customer :)

Joyful Rose I traded with this WAHM for my website design. She does hyenacart design, which is the website that hosts my store. She also does blinkies, and static banners. She did the one that is on this blog. Everything is exactly what I pictured in my head. It looks SO much better!!

I love getting things like this so that I can see the nice personal touches they put in. With something commercial, you just don't get that. Now that I have discovered this whole world of homemade stuff, I don't want to go back. It's really sad that some things can't be made for how cheap you can buy them at the store.

I also have a chalkroll coming for my daughter, which is a chalkboard and chalk holder with a cotton print on the back that rolls up and is tied with ribbon so she can take it with her whereever she wants. I'm really excited about it. I picked a sushi print :) I'll have to take a pic when I get it.

Links to things homemade:
diaperswappers
etsy

0 comments: